Post 6: Postgraduate Studies


 Hi everyone

In the future, I want to develop two things in my career: one is to improve my English, which is necessary in this globalized world, and especially in sociology. Second, I would like to get some king of masters degree. I don’t know if in Chile or somewhere else, even though I have some wishes, these don’t matter when it comes to real possibilities.

. If I got the chance to study outside of Chile, I would definitely take it. However, I have to consider that it would be a problem to go to any non-Spanish speaking country, studying and living there would be hard if I’m not able to communicate with my surroundings. That’s why it’s very important to have a good English, and not only theoretically, but to be able to use it to speak to others and use it as a social trampoline and to get ahead in sociology. Many time, the Chilean State has wrong social policies when it comes to education. One of those is the segregation of the possibilities of learning a second language that is often limited by the family’s acquisitive power. That second language doesn’t necessarily have to be English, it could be Mapudungun or another native language, for example.

Bye!

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Post 5: My Future Job

The Best Concert ever

Post 7: My Favorite TV show